Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'm failing big time in the upkeep of this blog! LOL So sorry everyone! We had a fairly busy summer and now it has come to an end. We just finished up the first week of the new school year. Hannah started 4th grade and Micah is now in kindergarten. They were both ready to go back to school and see their friends and, I think, ready to get back into our "normal" routine.

This year Hannah has a Mr. for a teacher. Mr. Arthur is her homeroom and computer teacher. She still goes to Mrs. Hurst for science and bible, which I am not ecstatic about, as you can imagine. I am hoping things go well for Hannah in her room; I don't want things to carry over from last school year into this one. Micah has started full-day kindergarten, but he has the same teacher as last year! He was so excited to find out that Mrs. Slage transferred to K5. He has been very sad, though, that Raashad did not come back this year.

I am excited for them to be back in the regular schedule! It is comforting to me to have a routine. :) The only problem is that now I am having to keep up with everyone's schedules! Hannah has her own projects and papers to keep up with and Micah has show and tell and fun things to remember. I am living by the planner again! (Secretly I totally love it! Shhh! Don't tell anyone!)

Now we are anxiously waiting cooler weather and the Holidays! Here they come again! Yay!! This is my favorite time of year...now if only the Houston weather would cooperate and throw some faux-fall temps my way! LOL

p.s. Pictures of their first day are posted to facebook...wasn't able to import them from my phone to here.

No comments:

Post a Comment